INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE STUDENTS (COLLEGE RULES)
- Students have to carry their “IDENTITY CARDS” when in the college.
- Students are expected to attend classes in clean, well pressed clothes and white apron.
- Fashionable dress, cosmetics, untidy hair, slippers are discouraged in the college campus.
- Rings, bangles are impediment to the practical classes.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the college campus.
- Environment should be kept clean. Students must use waste bins for dropping litters.
- Pasting of posters on the walls of the college and hospital premises are prohibited. These are considered as acts of indiscipline and the offenders involved are liable to punishment.
- Closing of college, hospital and department gates or doors and creating obstacles in the normal functioning are act of gross indiscipline and students involved in such acts are liable to be expelled from college.
- All types of demonstrations, processions, shouting in the college and hospital premises are prohibited and students involved in these activities are liable to be expelled from college.
- Abstentions from classes individually or in a mass without prior information and without valid reasons are punishable by imposition of daily fine of Tk.100/- individually. Guardians will be informed of such acts of their wards.
- Students will state their problems/ grievances/ inconveniences to their Guide Teacher (list of the teachers who will act as students’ guide is notified separately). The guide will solve the problems of the students himself/ herself or refer them to the Principal or a special committee formed specially for the purpose. Statement of the grievances/ problems/ inconveniences by the students must be in an orderly and disciplined manner. Any act of indiscipline on the part of any student including usage of abusive or objectionable words and sentences will make the student liable to be punished by expulsion from the college.
- Students must not misbehave with the staffs or employees of the college. Misbehavior is an act of indiscipline and liable to punishment.
- The students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic and private lives. Losses of moral and spiritual values or addiction to alcohol or narcotic drugs are punishable.
- At the time of admission into the college, students and parents / guardians will have to sign a bond that their children / wards will abide by the rules and regulations of the college.
- Every student shall provide for himself/ herself all the prescribed text books, dissecting instruments, and medical equipment. The college will not supply these to the students.
- Leave: in case of illness or other unavoidable reasons of non-attendance a written statement from the parent / guardian should be presented to the concerned guide teacher, who in turn will submit it to the Principal for approval.
- Cost of loss / damage to college / hospital property is liable to be realized from the student who is found responsible for the loss / damage of the college / hospital property.
- Political activities are not permitted in the college.
Students are allowed to use the Library from 8am to 8pm on all working days of the week. The Library is closed on weekend and national holidays. Students are allowed to read in the library. Students are also permitted to borrow books from the library.
To help and guide the students in academic matters like studies, examination, attendance, and conduct, a batch of 10 students are placed under a teacher. Students are advised to meet their guide teacher frequently or whenever asked by the guide teacher. Private tuition by faculty members is not allowed.
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence:
- Expulsion from the College, temporarily or permanent.
Penalty/penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/Testimonial.
A student’s name may be removed from College Register under the following circumstances:
- Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information.
- Disciplinary ground, on the advice of the Academic Council.
- Non-payment of College dues within three months of due date of payment.
If a student’s name is removed from the College Register due to non-payment of dues he / she may be re-admitted provided he/she pays full arrears dues and a fine of Tk.7,500/- within 3(three) months of removal of the name from Register. If a student remains absent for more than three months but less than twelve months he/she may be re-admitted on the recommendation of the Academic Council on full payment of arrears dues plus a fine of Tk.10,000/-. However if a student remains absent for more than twelve months he/she will not be admitted into the College except on special permission from the Academic Council.
Principal is the Executive Head. On academic matters, he is advised by the Academic Council.
Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities such as:
- Sports and games.
- Common room activities.
- Literary activities such as debates, seminars, publications of Annual Magazine.
- Cultural activities.
- Humanitarian services such as free blood donation and free medicine supply for poor patients, relief works during natural calamities such as cyclones, floods, epidemics etc.
Committees consisting of Teachers and Students (Teachers-Students Committees) look after these activities.
Academic Council and Guardians Advisory Committee meet when necessary. They discuss all aspects of academic matters of the college and suggest measures for improving the academic environment and total improvement of teaching in the college.